HIRING: Marketing & Operations Intern - Fall 2019July 22, 2019
The marketing and operations internship for the fall 2019 focuses on promoting the many events, projects, and programming put on by the Indianapolis City Market – primarily the 2019 season of the Original Farmers’ Market. The intern will be expected to aid the City Market staff in a wide variety of functions to help make the City Market one of the premier public gathering, dining, and recreational places in Indianapolis.
The marketing intern will work 10-20 hours per week, and will be paid $9 per hour. This internship will begin ideally in mid-August, with a negotiable end date.
- Create content for City Market’s social media accounts and newsletters
- Help craft press releases and media alerts
- Help administer placemaking and programming efforts
- Help in operation of various Indianapolis City Market Events
- Help develop a volunteer recruitment system
- Help complete summer programs and events (i.e. The Original Farmers’ Market)
- Aid in the development of our annual winter fundraiser (i.e. 12 Chefs of Christmas)
- Develop City Market merchant welcome/information packet
- Intern must live near/attend a university within reasonable driving distance from the Indianapolis City Market (222 E. Market Street, Indianapolis, Ind. 46204).
- An ideal candidate for the marketing and operations internship will be detail oriented, highly responsible, able to interact professionally and positively with various socio-economic populations, able to give and take direction when needed.
- Candidates must be passionate about community work and civic engagement; ideal candidates find hard work in community improvement both fun and fulfilling.
- We are looking for candidates finishing either their sophomore or junior year in their undergraduate studies majoring in marketing, public relations, social work, communications, political science, journalism, etc.
Email Josie Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter. Last day to apply is August 2, 2019 by the end of the workday.